- March 14, 2017
- Posted by: Satyam
- Category: Industry News
In technological terms, a drone is basically an unmanned aircraft that can fly in air on its own.In the current scenario; they are widely used in photography throughout the world. Drone photography means to capture still images and videos by an autonomous or remote operated aerial vehicle.
They have been in vogue for last few years and promise to be the most sought after in 2017 as well. They are used invariably by almost every movie production house round the globe due to several benefits attached to their usage. The film production houses use them to shoot the best quality photographs and videos. Their popularity is growing exponentially due to the following reasons:
- Increased safety – Aerial photography has become safer with the use of drones as compared to the earlier times when the photographer used to go high to take an aerial view. Use of helicopter was extremely risky but now, the drones are a safer and simpler option.
- They are so stylish and dandy – Besides the professional benefits that the drones provide to the video production companies, they are just so cool to play with. They are just like the toy remote control aircrafts with a camera that can soar into the air up to thousands of feet and this is one of the main reasons for its popularity.
- They provide a breathtaking aerial footage – The drones are capable of capturing a freaking cool aerial footage and have taken the photography and video production to new heights (in literal sense too)! The aerial shots captured by the drones are just amazing and too beautiful to behold. The different angles and perspectives captured by them in aerial photography are not at all possible for the cameras situated at the ground. It has eased the photography for the movie production houses and thus is in great demand.
- Better maneuverability – Using a drone in photography can give you the best maneuverability as they allow a vibration free and noise free shooting. Moreover, unlike helicopters, there is almost zero chance of obstruction caused by any part of the helicopter in capturing a beautiful view.
- Cheaper option – Using drone photography is much cheaper as compared to using the helicopter for the same purpose. A person can also shoot good images and videos on his own if he has a drone.
- Extensive use in marketing – In the field of video marketing, drones offer unique opportunities to the companies that wish to stand out of the crowd of their competitors. Various business houses and brands love to use the affordable option of drones to get an aerial footage in their advertisements and promotional videos. Companies in the field like real estate are a major clientele for drones as they can show the available properties with the aerial footage in a hunky- dory manner.
These are the few benefits of using drones in photography. It is due to these reasons that the drones are rapidly emerging as the future of photography and are going to be a huge success in 2017 and in the forthcoming years.